Monday, March 26, 2012

Chicken Salad Sandwich

Right before I came to our first class I made the decision to stop and get a chicken salad sandwich from the Law School Cafe.  I got the chicken salad sandwich because it did not need to be toasted; thus it could be made faster.  I was in a rush.  The first part of my sandwich I savored and ate slowly outside sturm sitting down at a table with people selling tickets for Mustache Bash.  I sat with two friends, they envied every bite.  As I slowly enjoyed each bite of the first half, I realized I was running late.  I took the second half of the sandwich on the road as I rushed up the stairs.  My final bites were spent unabsorbed in my sandwich as I struggled to find room 492.  The carefully placed pickles between the lettuce and the bread had now become phantom pickles.  The tomatoes and focaccia bread were no longer important as I was about to embarrassingly walk in late.  To be completely truthful there was one remaining bite of my sandwich as I rounded the corner nearing the class room.  Suddenly, I realized that it would be terrible to walk into class late the first day with a sandwich in hand.  What a bad reason to be late, right? The teacher would be guaranteed to despise me.  I searched for a trash can.  None were found.  I then proceeded to drop the remaining parts of my sandwich on the ground.  I was desperate and out of time.  It was mostly bread anyways.  This was embarrassing and I'd rather not keep talking about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment