Monday, April 9, 2012

ad post comparison

http://sodexoisnotgreat.blogspot.com/2012/04/normal-0-false-false-false-en-us-ja-x_09.html

At the end of my last post, I concluded that the more simple an ad is, the better.  Maybe this is different because I did print ads while this person used videos, but they decided that the more complex ad was better.  Coke-a-cola has an extremely complex ad, it is an enormous Rube Goldberg machine that shows the process behind preparing each can of Coke.  This animation must have taken months, or even years to make.  It is extremely complex, and sells Coke as being some great product that will bring happiness to anyone.  After watching it, I agree with the message this ad sends, and I think I have to rethink my view of which types of ads are successful. Maybe it was just different because my ads were pictures, and the others were videos.  My only conclusion now is if I were to make more assumptions generalizing ads I would need to study more of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment